V2X On-Board-Unit, ETSI TC-ITS protocol stacks
The OBU-201E is a standalone V2X on-board-unit embedded with ETSI TC-ITS protocol stacks running on ThreadX RTOS. Companies can directly deploy innovative V2X safety, mobility, and environment application programs on OBU-201E internal system through Unex’s V2X SDKincluding required API and sample codes.
- embedded ETSI TC-ITS V2X current ready protocol version ensures the best performance and compatibility.
- direct V2X safety, mobility, and environment application deployment on time and within budget.
- automotive-grade design ensures vibrational and environmental reliability.
- extensive I/O connectors provide flexible integration options.
- Embeds ETSI TC-ITS V2X current ready version protocol stack (including updated GN, BTP, GN6, CAM, DENM, and security protocol stacks) and Unex’s V2X SDK (including required API and sample codes) for direct V2X applications on ThreadX RTOS.
- Contains all V2X elements of RF (2*2), modem, security, positioning with pre-integrated ETSI TC-ITS V2X protocol stacks for OBU or RSU operation.
- Autotalks CRATON 3-CPU core communication processor, PLUTON RF transceiver, Telit® SL869 GNSS receiver, Infineon® SLE97 HSM, 128MB DDR3, and 32MB NOR with extensive I/O interfaces provide powerful and flexible integration flexibility.
- AEC-Q100 qualified V2X chipsets, 4-corner UV cured resin for BGA chips, and automotive-grade components in pin header design ensure vibrational and environmental reliability.
- Class C spectrum masks compliance with +20dBm RF power at DSRC antenna port.
- Superior fading sensitivity in multipath scenarios increases DSRC wireless coverage.
- Dual PHY and MAC support con-concurrent dual channel operation or single channel with optimal DSRC Tx/Rx diversity.
- Internal 40MHz BW filter provides robust DSRC out-of-band radio interference immunity.
- Infineon® SLE97 hardware security module and dedicated V2X firmware provide secure boot and secure signing in a tamper proof storage.
- ECDSA 256-bit accelerator verifies all received packets and the performance exceeds the standards requirement.
- High-performance Telit® SL869 GNSS receiver supporting RTCM provides accurate positioning at 10Hz refresh rate.
- Extensive connectivity provides the most flexible integration options: one 10/100Mbps Ethernet port, two CAN DE-9 (DB-9) ports, one RS-232 DE-9 (DB-9) port for system debug, one audio jack, and one microSD socket for data logging.
- Dual DC 6-32V power inputs design: 4-pin automotive power connector or round jack provides application flexibility in the lab and vehicle.
- Separate ACC and Vbatt power input on 4-pin power connector for automotive application. ACC provides whole system power supply, and Vbatt provides power supply to GNSS module RTC for hot start.
- Onboard programmable delay ON circuitry (default 200ms) supports cranking delay ON function.
- Power management: Idle, ON, and OFF state
- 40V 3000W passive TVS, active IC LTC4365, and 80V dual MOS ensure robust UV/OV/RV protection on ACC trail.
- Circuitry of 40V 3000W passive TVS on Vbatt trial - LT3014 – GNSS’ VRTC provides power trial protection for GNSS hot start.
- State-of-the-art TVS on DSRC/GNSS antenna ports and CAN ports provide robust ESD protection.
- Dedicated oscillator provides high frequency accuracy at ± 6.0ppm in –40ºC ~ +85ºC temperature range.
- Dynamic and accurate power control in wide 4.5dBm ~ 25dBm range provides superior performance stability. .
- Two Fakra type Z DSRC detachable antennas support receiver diversity and enable robust assembly in automotive application.
- One Fakra type C active GNSS detachable antenna, cable length 5 meters.
- Automotive-grade -40ºC ~ +85ºC components (Infineon SLE97 supporting -20ºC ~ +85ºC now) ensure environmental reliability.
- RoHS compliance meets environment-friendly requirements.
|Operation System||ThreadX RTOS|
|Protocol Stacks||ETSI TC-ITS current ready protocol version :
Unex’s V2X SDK (including ETSI TC-ITS V2X protocol stack API, sample codes, and tool-chain)
RS-232 console port (baud rate 115200 bps)
32MB NOR system memory and 128MB DDR3 storage memory
|DSRC Frequency Band||5.85 ~ 5.925 GHz (5.15 ~ 5.925GHz full band by project)|
|DSRC Radio Mode||ITS-G5|
172, 174, 176, 178, 180, 182, 184 (5.9GHz DSRC)
( Remark: DSRC messages over 5.15 ~ 5.925 full bands will be supported by project base.)
|DSRC Channel Bandwidth||10MHz (5MHz & 20MHz by project)|
|DSRC Data Rate||
3, 4.5, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 27Mbps for 10MHz BW signal
|DSRC Frequency Accuracy||
|DSRC Transmit Power||Class C spectrum mask compliance with +20dBm RF power|
|DSRC Static Sensitivity (Typical)||
|DSRC Fading Sensitivity||
Power @ 10% PER sensitivity (6Mbps, 1000B packet), fading channels as 5 typical C2C multipath scenarios defined by ETSI: ± 2dBm
|DSRC Antenna||two Fakra type Z 5.9 GHz /5dBi Omni Dipole detachable antennas|
|GNSS Radio||Telit SL869 integrated GPS and Gloness receiver|
|GNSS Refresh Rate||10Hz|
|GNSS NMEA Standard||NMEA 0183|
|GPS Antenna||one active Fakra type C detachable antenna, cable length: 5 meters|
dual DC 6-32V power inputs:
|Operation Voltage||DC 6-32 V ± 5%|
|Power Management||three states of Idle, ON. and OFF|
|Operation Temperature Range||
ambient: -40°C~ +85°C
(Infineon SLE97 Hardware Security Module supports -20°C ~ +85°C)
|Operating Humidity||10% ~ 95%, non-condensing|
|Storage Humidity||max. 95%, non-condensing|
|Housing||zinc coating steel plate, thickness: 1.0mm|
|Product Dimension||125mm (L) x 109.5mm(W) x 30mm (H)|
|Packing Box Size||305mm (L) x212mm (W) x 68mm (H)|
|Carton Packing||4 boxes in one carton|